Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Help desperately needed! Rss

Hi ladies,
I want to wean my 9.5month old off breastfeeding.
I started by dropping a feed a week but the problem is he won't take it. Won't take formula or expressed milk from bottle, sippy cup, spoon or straw and cup.
We've tried everything and now at a loss and I'm starting to stress out badly.
As a matter of fact he won't take any fluids from anything except boob.
My first son was sooo much easier. Within three days of the first week of weaning he took the bottle and never had a problem but this one is driving me insane.
Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Hi,

I am in the process of weaning my 7 1/2 month old.

We have had a lot of trouble getting her to take the formula (seems nothing is as nice as breastmilk!!).

I tried in vain for about 5 days and she refused bottle after bottle. Finally my husband sent me out for the day and he gave it a go and he had success.

His secret was that he waiting until she cried to say she was hungry, then he would make her wait another hour. Of course by this stage she was sooo hungry and she almost bit the bottle out of his hand.

We are now powering along and are at 60% formula/40% breastmilk mix. Tomorrow we are going to try 70%/30%. I started bottle feeding her today and she took it from me.

I have to say though that this way is very tiring and your routine goes out the window because some times our daugther has not been hungry for 6 hours (she usually fed 4 hourly on the boob), which has meant some pretty late nights.

I wish you all the luck.

Cheers
Rochelle.
Sign in to follow this topic