Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

baby will not take bottle Rss

Hi everyone,

My name is Jess a first time mum to my 6 month old boy Zane. I have been breastfeeding since his birth with an occasional bottle, everything seemed to be ok until one day Zane just wouldn't take the bottle no more. Has anyone else had the same problem if so what was the solution.

Jess, SA, 6mth baby

Hi Jess,

I have a 9 month old son who does exactly the same thing! I am brestfeeding but when he was younger I tried to introduce the bottle so I could bottle feed when in public & so hubby could look after him etc. However, my little one had different ideas! He would not have a bar of it, I tried different teats etc etc. He wouldn't even take it with expressed breast milk. I tried on & off for months but had no luck. So I eventually realised that he was going to be a "breast" only boy! Much to his liking! Sorry I can't help you with any solutions but thought it might help to let you know your not alone. Please feel free to email me anytime - i'm online everyday. ob.ballantine@bigpond.com

Good luck,
Nome.

Nome, QLD, 4yr old girl, 9 mth old boy.

Hi,

My daughter is only young and fully breastfed but have started giving her a little boiled water every now and then for her colic, we went through a few different types of bottles but she wouldn't take any of them in fact it only made her more irritable until my mother bought her an Avent bottle with a slow flow teat with practice she takes this well and is the only one she takes. hope this helps!

Claudia, Vic (Bella 2 and Billy8mths

Hi,

Thanks for replying to me at least i know i'm not alone, well i guess i have to face facts to that my boy is also a breastboy! At least there are no making & washing bottles.
How many teeth does your baby have? Zane still has none but is teething on & off but probably is along way off getting his first. Time will tell, i think he will look cute with a little tooth.

Have a nice day!

Jess, SA, 6mth baby

Hi,

That's right! No dredded bottle washing & sterilising! My little man, Aleksi, has 5 teeth & I can see another that is just about ready to break through. They look very cute (as they always do!) with their 1 little tooth sticking out - until they start to try them out on your fingers when your checking for new ones! My email adress is ob.ballantine@bigpond.com if you would like to chat.

See ya.

Nome, QLD, 4yr old girl, 9 mth old boy.

My oldest daughter, now 10, was the same, she started off taking a bottle containing expressed milk then went off it. This didn't bother me too much as I enjoyed breastfeeding. My parents fostered a little boy 6 months older than her at about the same time and one day when she was about 8 or 9 months she picked his bottle up off the floor and started drinking it. After that I was able to give her a bottle whenever I needed to, Maybe they just have their own schedule for when they will and won't take a bottle. I suggest you try again in a few months time.

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Sign in to follow this topic