Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Producing enough milk? Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I need your advise please. My bub is almost 7mths and have been solely breastfed. I have started giving her a bottle of formula 120mls twice a day (she won't take more than this) as I would like her to get used to formula when I return to work in Jul. My milk doesn't seem to be filling up as it used to...a bit concerned that she is slowly weaning herself ? or my milk is slowly adjusting to the bottle replacement? Our routine is:

9am breast then solids
12pm breast then solids
3pm breast (now formula is my milk is low, only feeds for a minute or two)
6pm breast then solids
between 8-12midnight formula if she wakes
4-5am breast

Does the above routine sound okay for a 7mth old?
when u give the bottle its important to express that feed so your milk supply keeps filling up again
you can buy special milk bags from the chemist..
so every feed that is a bottle still express it out so you dont loose your milk
xxxxxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

because milk is produved to meet bubs need, as the feeds reduce your milk supply will probably reduce to meet the lesser demand, like mimmy sard, if you want to you fan express to keep up supply, the bonus is bubs may be able to have some ebm when you return to wurk.

mum of 3 girls

Hi Stimpy,

like everyone before me supply vs demand so expressing is important, but I also found Fenugreek was good for getting milksupply up, you can either buy it at the health food shop in capsules or I buy Fenugreek seeds at the supermarket and boil water and steep the seeds for about 5 mins - I found this got my milk supply up for when I have been sick etc and the supply has dropped.

Matsmum

mum of 2

hey stimpy
like the othersd said supply = demand, if you feel that you need a boost to your milk supply for peace of mind, i personally swear by milo, you get fluids and extra nutrients plus a yummy treat !!!!!
good luck and by the way if your routine is good for you and bub then its good!
violet

Charlie 5, Imee 3, Laura 13mths, and ttc #4!

Sign in to follow this topic