Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bottle to sipper to cup? Lock Rss

Hi, I was wondering if any mothers could help me, my daughter is 8 months old and she is on a bottle. She will drink her water from a sipper cup but thats it. How do I get her to stop drinking from a bottle and progress onto a spout. I would like her of the bottle by the time she is 12 months old and on to a cup by then. Any tips. I have tried her on milk in the sipper cup but she diddnt want to have a go at it. HELLLP.

Sam, QLD, Ava 11.08.2005, Michala 11.01.2007

I would be more persistant. In work, we use a term called 'actively encourage' - its a nice way of putting, kind of give them no alternative - lol. I think if your bubs is drinking water from a sipper, you are doing a great job. As an alternative, maybe you could try a straw cup. I know DD drinks more from these as she doesn't have to tip her head back (or lay back).

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi All,

My son didnt take to a sippy cup very well he didnt know what to do with it.. So I bought the tommy tippee one that has the teat in it to get him used to the whole cup thing then moved on to the spout and walla!!

I bought it from target for about $16..

Hope this helps

Alicia

I tried to introduce a sipper cup to my son but he just was not interested, I too want him off the bottle by 12 months.

In frustration I tried him with a straw he loves it! I also have friend that couldn't get her daughter to use a sipper cup, but a straw did the trick. Our bubs are also happy to use a pop top drink bottle, such as a pump water bottle. They've both been using both since around 6 and 1/2 months they're now 8 months.
Sign in to follow this topic