Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Reflux formula Rss

Hi all i was just wondering which is a good reflux formula?. My lil man has been diagnosed with chronic reflux :'( and has been given a course of tablets and i have been told to change his formula to an anti reflux one for his top up feed. As he is still being breastfed and topped up with a bottle.
Any help will be mostly appreciated.
thanks in advance

Aleks

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Hi Aleks. My little Rachel has bad reflux. She is breastfed and occasionally has a bottle of formula. If, up until now, you've been using an unthickened formula and are happy with it, and still wish to breastfeed, perhaps you might like to try Karicare Food Thickener? I used to either mix a bit of it with cooled boiled water to a clag glue-like consistency and put it in her mouth with a syringe, or, if she had a bottle, put some in it. This is made by the same people who make the formula, and you can get it from a chemist. Just a suggestion.

Angela, NSW

Hi Aleks,

My little boy has had bad reflux since he was born. He is now nearly 12 months old and still has it. I have seen a lot of doctors and researched so much about reflux. When you look to buy a formula for reflux just make sure it is the thickened type, as this stops the milk flowing up making them throw up. If your baby is throwing up a lot this does cease as they grow older, as my little man doesn't throw up much, but he still has bad reflux. He is on Losec (10mg) twice a day, plus I give him 2.5ml of milanta when he needs it (not more than twice a day). Hope all this helps. If you have any questions, just email me on samya.lee@bigpond.com

Good luck.

Sam

Mum to toddler

I found that Karicare reflux formula agreed with my son the best. I tried the s26 ar but that made him a bit constipated. I think some chemists sell it in stick packs so you don't have to buy a whole tin to find out bubs doesnt like it.

good luck.

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

Thank you for all of your suggestions and reply's.
My lil man weaned himself off of the breast only a week after that post sad i wanted to continue to breastfeed him until he was at least 12 months old, oh well.
I have tried the karicare AR formula and it is fantastic. He still has his acimax (omeparzole) tablets, twice a day (half a tab, one in the morning & once at night) and i am pleased to mention that he hasn't been sick in the last 2 weeks (TOUCH WOOD).

Thanks again

Aleks

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Sign in to follow this topic