Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Dropping the evening or morning feed

Dropping the evening or morning feed Lock Rss

After getting a third bout of mastitas, reluctantly decided to give up the breast feeding. I have a 11 week old dughter, Molly who preferred one side and always used to fight me to attach even though I knew all she wanted was milk. I have been weaning her over the last week and a half and wondered whether the next breast to drop should be the night feed before bed or the morning feed. She is on 3 bottle feeds a day at the momment and a morning and night breast. She has her last feed at about 8pm and sleeps through till about 5am. I usually top her up at night as she still seems hungry. Any suggestions?

Kate, WA

Hi Katie,

You poor thing - I feel for you. I had meningitus with my first and felt like I was going to die!! So dont beat yourself up about having to give up breast feeding!

I would say drop which ever feed is more convinient for you to drop.

If it was me, personally I would start by dropping the evening feed. As you said you wake her to top her up at night, so if you give her a bottle at night that might fill her up a bit more. Good luck with it all.

Jacquie, Mummy to Bailey, Tijana & Kaitlyn

Sign in to follow this topic