Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Expressing breast milk Lock Rss

Hi all
I have a question regarding expressing breast milk. I use the Avent manual pump and can't express enough at one sitting. Can i put the bottle back in the fridge and then add to the existing milk with new milk throughout the day or will that ruin the milk. I've read some postings about freezing milk and adding to it throughout the day. I'm not clear about what's going on there, can someone clarify please. Thanks

DD 18 months

I had the same problem and my midwife said it was fine to add freshly expressed milk to refridgerated milk through the day, but to start a fresh lot the next day. I have always done this and had no problems. It is a bit different if the milk is frozen, I believe you have to cool the milk first. I was never too sure about that so I never added more milk once it was frozen.

Hope that helps

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

You can add expressed milk which is refridgerated for up to 24 hours from when you first start. However before you add it to what you have already collected you need to let it cool first or it will ruin the milk already collected.

Im not sure about adding to frozen milk. I just freeze what I have collected in 24 hours in a freezer bag. If its not enough you can always take out two lots and add them together when you need it.

Good luck, just looking at your signature - have you had your bubs yet?

Jacquie, Mummy to Bailey, Tijana & Kaitlyn

Hi,
You can add to frozen milk but what you are adding must be cooled first. I used medala breastmilk bags and found them excellent.

Jen and 13mth Harvey

Sign in to follow this topic