Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Bottle Refusal issue solved.

Bottle Refusal issue solved. Lock Rss

I have read and re read all the messages from desperate mums dealing with bottle refusal. I too had great dramas getting my daughter to take a bottle and after trying every bottle and teat on the market still could not find any she would take to.
At 4 desperate months I decided to try a sippety cup. i bought the Pigeon MAG MAG and started her on th esoft spout and to my complete shock my daughter took to it straight away!!!! I then discovered the Oral Development Soft Spout which is a progression from the Pigeon Peristaltic Nipple and tried it on a bottle and again she drank straight away!!!! after much trial and error i found it only fitted the pigeon bottles (others would leak everywhere) and for some reason she wont drink my ebm from it only formula??. I now use the bottle for a few feeds each day the the sipety cup for water. i can now go and get my desperately needed hair cut and leave bubs with dad, knowing I wont come home to a screaming starving baby. Just wanted to share this because I was almost at my witts end.
It is great to hear your ideas courtnis mum - I too have tried many bottles etc...have found lately (my boy is nearly 6 mths) he will drink little amounts from cup or spout, have given water like this on hot days. He is still breastfed but I too would like some more freedom some days.

I will liik out for the oral dev soft spout, this is a Pigeon brand? I havent tried formula for a few weeks, gave up - and Harrison is generally feeding better (was having fussy feeds). However now is sick with ear infection so again things change!!

Thanks again, cheers.

SA mum, Lis 17/6/00 and Harry 19/6/05

Sign in to follow this topic