Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

feeding themselves!! Rss

my 10 month old is not interested in feeding himself at all and i was under the impression that he would at least be interested in finger food by now. i know, i know, babies do everything when they are ready! he will hold on to a biscuit and slobber all over it and eat some of it and mash the rest into everything! but if i try and give him anything else he is not interested. any ideas?

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Kelba,
Are you trying at a meal time or just for snacks? I found meal time when my little girl was hungary to be the best time and if you can be eating something similar looking to teach by example can help (especially if your biscuit is a Tim tam -just kidding)
Good Luck

Fiona, NSW

Hi,

You probably don't want to hear this.... But my 2 and 4mth daughter still needs help being fed! She can do it, but her desire to play far exceeds her desire for food! We use two spoons still now at every feed! She only eats bananas, cheese and bikkies by herself!

I have just gotton use to it, and i would rather know she has eaten properly than know she did it by herself!

Also the health clinic said its fine, its probably just an attention thing, having mummy sit with her and help!!

Goodluck,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

thanks tepe, as homer simpson would say doh!! we had a bit of a break-through with a banana today so i remain hopeful. jordys mum, i like the tim-tam idea!! thanks for your help.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Talking about feeding themselves, or their hair, up the nose, sides of the pram or between the toes? These are the only places my 7month old ben has managed to put them! Maybe l'm self feeding to early but its the only way to keep him amused. Should i use bigger pieces of fruit or biscuts maybe???

jane,vic,7mth ben

Hi to all,
I give my son finger food that look interesting. Milk arrowroot biscuits are great, as they get soggy very quickly, so they don't choke on it. He also loves vegemite toast. Just a thin spread of butter and vegemite. He loves having this for breakfast (he also has his cereal), especially when his older brother and sister are having toast. Introdruce one new thing at a time, and try to make it look colourful and interesting. good luck.

Mother of 3, Qld

Sign in to follow this topic