Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Feeding cups Rss

My baby girl is 6 months old & I will soon be purchasing her a cup for drinking water from. I have been recommended the mag mag cup by pigeon. Do you have any experiences or recommendations?
Many thanks.
i don't know about the mag mag but i can recommend the tommee tippee one i think it's actually the no-spill training cup. it has like a teat on it with a valve inside and as they get older and more co-ordinated you can remove the valve.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Anniesmum,
You are a smart lady. I did't start my daughter on a cup until she was 14 months old and I am still working on it I wish I had done it earlier. So far though I have found a couple of good ones. For a cup with a straw I can recommend the Dinkee cup about $2- from Woolworths or coles. The come with a straw that bends to seal the cup. The Heinz cup is the cup style that I have had most of my success with so far. However there are a couple and I would recommend the one with several lids. It has 2 handles that are a comfortable distance apart about 140 degrees. It has 3 different lids for the different stages. it costs about $17- and I got mine from KMart.
Good Luck

Fiona, NSW

Hopefully your expereince will be a little more straight forward than mine! My daughter refused to drink from a bottle and reluctantly drank minimal amounts from a sipper cup. the only success I've had was drinking from a straw (juice only)- either junior poppers or the dinkee cup (already mentioned above). the only way my daughter will drink milk is from a normal plastic tumbler, but once again, only a small amount. Good luck!
Hi. I also used the Dinkee cups with a straw which I bought from Coles.

They are really cheap and I actually have half a dozen now as they are handy to have for visiting children.

For travelling I use a Tommee Tippee no spill cup which I also bought from Coles.

I had to experiment quite a bit with my son and as it turned out, the cheap ones from Coles turned out to be the best.

All the best

Therese

Therese, BRISBANE, 3yr old boy 6 wk girl

Hi I found the tommetippi trainer cup really good, I only brought it because it had a teat and my daughter wouldnt drink from the other trainer cups we had but would drink water from a bottle, she didnt take the teat but would drink happily out of the spout, it had a bigger hole then one of our other cups and a smaller hole then the other one.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic