Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

My 5 1/2 month old wont eat. Rss

My little boy is not interested in eating. I've tried him on just about every think, yet my twins started to eat at 4 months. I give him S26 with thickener so it helps with wind. I have tried himfeed him without the formuls thicker and he gets too much wind si I had to use it again. I feel like he should be at least eating somethink but after he has 2 mouthfulls of food he spits it out. On the odd occasion he has been given panadol and some antibotics for an ear infection and I've given him these things the expression on his face says it all and he has nearly thrown up from the taste of the medicine. The only thing he really enjoys is sucking on his bottle or if you hold a chicken bone for him to suck on. He is a little above average in his weight and some tell me let him go he will eat one day but when. I know he is always biting on his fingers and dummy but no sign of teeth as I do know they will come when they are ready to. Then when we sit down and eat he starts getting all excited so I some times try and give him things from my plate but still no interest, would be just the smell of food that excites or what. He is a very happy and content baby that loves it when ever any at all talks to him or holds him and crys when he is unwell eg wind or teeth.

Any Tips or Ideas Wether to leave him be for now would be Appreciated

Di. SA.
These days they recommend you start feeding solids at about 6 months but they don't actually need them till about 8 or 9 months. If your baby is happy and is thriving then I don't think it's worth stressing about. No baby ever wanted to stay on milk forever and he will eat when he is ready. The main thing is that he is thriving and healthy.

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Hi there,
I have a girl who will be 6 months on Tuesday and she's just started having solids. I tried from when she was four months at various times, but she really didn't want solids yet. She would cry and spit it all back up. She's now wanting it, so it certainly makes feeding a lot easier!!! My advise is as long as he's happy and gaining weight, he'll guide you as to when he's ready. Hope that helps a little.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi Di

I tried feeding my little girl at 4.5 months but she refused and spat everything out. She is now 7.5 months and I can't get the food into her quick enough. They now say to wait till about 6 months as their reflux action tends to disappear by this stage. Remember that all babies are different and will try things at different ages.

Good luck and it will get better

Julie
Sign in to follow this topic