Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

when to start meat? Rss

hi i have a 5 1/2 mth old daughter and i was just wondering if someone colud give me some advice on when to start giving her meat and what sorts of meat to give her at first and how do i prepare them any advice would be great thanx bye
Hi Nat,
meat can be given at around 6mths. Any type of meat is OK so long as it is well cooked. Apparently fish is very good for the little ones so long as all skin and bones are removed.
My daughter is 6 months and I have just introduced meat to her diet. I've started with half a chicken breast in a bowl with a bit of lemon juice, covered. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes and then processed with a bit of stock so it is quite smooth. I then froze most of it into ice cube trays. I mix it with her veges - she loves it with sweet potato. I am yet to try other meats but found this easy to prepare. Good luck with it!
i have been told that you can start meat from about 6 months of age also. You can give them any meat, beef, lamb, chicken or fish, just make sue it is minced up well so they dont choke.

Baby Teashia Born in May

Sign in to follow this topic