Huggies Forum

Is it ok at 4 months Lock Rss

My baby is 4 months old and has been on solids since 2 months now he want have much to do with milk. He wants foods all the time i give him breackfust, linch and tea but do you think i should gie him a little bit in between.

I had to start him on food cause he wouldent sleep good at night cause he was hungry but now he sleeps fine and loves food.

So should i give him feeds in between

TTC a baby girl
https://www.facebook.com/Homemade.by.pamela

depends on how varied his diet is, he still needs fluids, and the milk (formula @900ml a day) has all vitamins and nutrients he needs, maybe you could try feeding him his milk from a cup?...

My son has really enjoyed drinking his water from a cup for a few months now,

Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

All babies are different, so there is never a correct time to start giving a child food.

With my youngest son, he started having a teaspoon of rice cereal at 4months as I found the bottle wasn't enough for him (he would also wake during the night). He had rice cereal for over a 3wk period then I started him on apple, which he loved.

Take Care,

Nae

Naomi, WA ~ DS 5yrs ~ DS 14months

I would be worried about him not getting enough iron and milk for his bones.

Mel, Mummy to Krysta 07-04-04 and Chloe 10-11-06

Babies digestive systems are way too immature before 4 mths to handle solid food. I would strongly suggest cutting back on solids and increasing his milk intake. Babies get most of their nutritional requirements from milk for the first 12 mths of life.

Mumma to DD1 Jan 04 and DD2 Mar 06

I think that you know your baby better than any one and if you feel 100% comfortable with what hes doing then its probably right for him. I put my baby on solids at 3months but took him off again after i tried him on a 4 hourly feeding routine. it wasnt that he was too hungry it was that previously he was just snacking and therefore seemed constantly hungry but when i showed him that if he took a full feed when it was offered he wouldnt need any more till i offered it again he became less interested in the farex.
Personally, i wouldnt be giving him any more solids than what you already are. I would be letting him know that if he wants anything in-between meals its milk and thats it. if he is really hungry he will take it. Besides milk is quite filling anyways.
Did you find that he sleeps better now that he is on solids?
Good Luck and go with your gut-its usually right!

Kathryn - Zack-4, Toby-2 & Molly 1

Sign in to follow this topic