Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Vomiting boy..Could it be a Banana Allergy

Vomiting boy..Could it be a Banana Allergy Rss

I have been giving my son (7 months) a banana in the afternoon and his breath has a very strong metallic smell after. He then has a nap for about 1.5 hrs. When he wakes he will vomit while sitting, lying down, or in his jolly jumper or whatever he is doing. Today i gave him banana with his rice cereal at 7am, he slept 8.30 - 10.30am then proceeded to vomit till 12.30 when he went back for another nap. (and the metallic smell was still present) He doesn't do it on other foods....Could he have an allergy? or are they hard to digest?
Please help if you can.

WA

Hi Westiegirl,
I know Banana has potassium in it and could be the reason for the metallic smell. If he's vomiting after eating anything with banana I wouldn't give it to him for a week or so and try again. If he starts vomiting again you know he's alergic to it.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi Westiegirl,
I have my 8 month old daughter eating bananas too and have for a few months. She seems to love them with no vomiting so maybe it is that your son doesn't like them. Apparently i was like that as a baby with fish and i still won't eat fish to this day it will make me vomit so....maybe it's just something he isn't ready for yet. Give it a break for a month and try again. Hope that help. Good Luck. smile
Thankyou loulou and melby for your responses.
I'll give it a break for a week and see how he goes.

WA

Sign in to follow this topic