Huggies Forum

AND THEN WHAT?? Lock Rss

Hi everyone, my son is almost nine months and I want to start giving him solids first in the morning before the normal formula. What is the routine you have for you bubs???
I want to know.. if I give him cereal about 30 mins after he wakes up... how long after do I wait to give him his bottle???
I have no idea!
Thanks

Mum to Jai and Chase!

Hi New mum

When my 8 month old daughter wakes up about 6.30-7.00, I change her nappy etc, put her bowls/sppons etc on to get sterilised in the microwave, heat her milk up get all this done while she is having a little play, then straigt into brekky/cereal. I give her a bit of toast to eat/play with then give her a bottle after that, which is about 20-30 mins after toast. Hope this helps.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Hi NEW-MUM,

It's all trial and error, try to give him his bottle say 30 mins after his cereal or maybe even wait an hour.
I personally stuck to bottle first then cereal/custard which ever the case may be.
He will let you know.

Good luck

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

when my sons were at that age, i gave them the bottle when they first woke up then changed the nappy etc then either back to bed or get them up depending on the time then would give brekky at about 730. with a drink of water/juice.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic