Huggies Forum

teething vs. breastfeeding Lock Rss

my 7mth old has cut her front top teeth recently and they are so sharp that when I breast feed, they rub on my nipple. this has caused a perferation and everytime I try and feed her, I'm in agonising pain. I reattach her everytime, but to no avail she gets herself into the same position, and it starts rubbing again. I can't seem to let this heal as I have to feed her 4 times per day. Is there anything I can do to save my body from more distruction???

renee, Qld,mum to Caitlyn 25/2/04 grin

does she take a bottle? maybe you could express until your nipple heals and give her the expressed milk in a bottle. A bit of a hassle but worth a try.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

She does take a bottle, and I've started doing that, every so often, but I was hoping I could do something to correct the problem rather than avoid it. thanks for your help tho!

renee, Qld,mum to Caitlyn 25/2/04 grin

Maybe try the lactation consultant at your hospital or your health nurse. Maybe try nipple shield until the nipple has healed maybe when the tooth is through a bit more it mighten be so sharp or on such a bad place on your nipple???

Keep me posted though as Bennett is still a gummy bear but I may have this prob too when they do eventually come through sad

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Sign in to follow this topic