Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Can you help me? Rss

My 4 month old son isnt sleeping through the night, not that I expect him too asmy first born didnt until 8 months, but do you have any suggestions for what I can do when he wakes up? He always is screaming for a bottle and whatever I do he wont go back to sleep without being fed. I made the mistake with my first born by just feeding him to go back to sleep but dont want to do that again this time or should i?

Karlee, WA, 1 & 2 yr old boys.

Hi Karls,
I don't know what time he is waking up. But I found that if my son slept too much between his 5pm feed and the 9pm ish feed, then he wanted to stay awake for longer after. Usually, he will fall asleep towards the end of his 9pm bottle and that's it until about 5 or 6 some mornings and then into bed with me for another 2 or 3 hours to wake at about 8. I found it was either cold, wind or extra comfort he was after. Have you tried a dummy?
Sorry I can't help any more than that.
Ange.
Does he have a dummy? and if so have you tried just holding that in, maybe he just likes to suck. Otherwise I'd suggest getting one. Our little girl kept us up all night for the first two weeks as I was breastfeeding and didn't want to offer a dummy, but all she wanted to do was suck. It wasn't until she kept my partner up until 4am and sucking his finger was the only thing that eventually got her to sleep that we tired one and have never looked back, she nows sleeps 12 hours a night at 6 months. We had no problem with nipple confusion and to be honest I think it seemed to help alot in that department too. We also try to keep her up lots during the day, only let her have short naps and only put her in her cradle for night-time sleep. By the time she gets there all she wants to do is sleep and be left alone.

Keely, Vic, Emily born 11/03/03

hi well i also suggest the dummy it is the best thing we ever did my daughter wakes up and i just put the dummy in and back to sleep she goes it really does the trick she sleeps all night sometimes she might loose it in the night but i just put it back in and back to sleep she goes anyway if you dont have one think about getting one
nat
Sign in to follow this topic