Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. I dont have a blender, what else to use???

I dont have a blender, what else to use??? Lock Rss

Hi,
I dont have a blender of any sort, do not have enough money to buy one and do not know anyone who can lend me one. My DS is 5 months and just started cereal but can I just mash the pumpkin etc or do I need a blender??
Thanks
Julie - mum to Thomas 21/11/05

Julie, SA, mum to Thomas born 21/11/05

I use a stick blender, but if you can't buy one, a fork can do the job. I have used a fork...it can still be a bit lumpy, so you'll need to really do a good job, but it does work & if your bub likes it that way, it's all good.

Good luck!

i used to use a sivwith dd1 and just push the food through it with a fork but now i just wait until my bubs is 6mths and just mash with a fork. if you start with really soft foods they soon learn how to 'chew' the lumps up.

i bought a blender just for baby food and didn't really use it.

mum of 3 girls

If you dice your bub's fruit and veg very finely before cooking, you could probably get away with using a fork.

You might have a bit of trouble when introducing meat though. A stick blender would be the way to go and the lower priced ranged ones are fine. My one cost less than $20 and I'm using it for my second child with no problems.

Jennifer, DS 21/06/03, DS 16/10/05

Julie,

I was in BIG W today and in the electrical section. They sell the stick blender I think the brand was Belle and it was only $10. It would do the job until bub was ready for mash and finger food.

There were more expensive ones there but it looked very similar to the others - just not chrome or anything
Sign in to follow this topic