Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

routine and waking at 6 am Lock Rss

Am i putting too much pressure on my self to get my 4 1/2 month old into a routine? I have just read a few responses to feeding etc and it seems that other peoples babies have set sleeping and eatingf patterns. My daughter has just started to wake up at 6- 6.30. AS somebody else wrote i dont know what to do with her then. It seems too early to get up but she doesnt seem interested in sleeping. I feed her but am unsure what to do then. She does something different every day so for that reason she doesnt seem to have set sleep or feeding times. Any advice...anyone...
is it really dark in her room at 6.00am
or is the sun getting through her curtains
the prob with this is if there light bubs will wake and her the birds and traffic and go"yippee time to wake my poor mummy up" lol
for the first 3 months or so evryday day was different with lil there was no set routine and it drove me crazy
i bought a book by gina ford(probably similar to tizzy hall)
it saved my life honey
i was totally against controlled crying to
but we started this a week ago woth astionashing results
veryone is different though and i wish you the best of luck
xxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hey Lucy - I don't think you need to put pressure on yourself to get your bubs into a routine. There is so much happening around that age (4-5 months) from big growth spurts, rolling, teething, huge mental developments - its can really throw some babies out of whack.

Personally, I didn't find that I could get into a nice routine until DD was a month or so into solids (about 7 months). It was a lot easier then as she was having the three standard meals and two naps. I suppose she was at a better development stage, rolling, commando crawling etc as well. It just all seemed to click for me.

I'm not saying you can't get them in a good routine earlier - some babies take to it really well. I just wanted to say don't be hard on yourself, it will work out. Just be flexible, and prepared for change. You may find things settle down for a week or two, then bubs suddenly changes and your routine is up in the air again.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

general rule of thumb for routines is two hoursa up two hour down

feed at 6.00 when she wakes

sleep at 8.00

wake at 10.00 and feed

and so on and on

it good to get you baby into a routine now other wise you'll regret it later and they will tell you when where how what ...

hope this helps K

kirsten vic

Sign in to follow this topic