Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. my 8mnth old daughter won't eat her dinner without anything sweet in it!!!HELP PLZ

my 8mnth old daughter won't eat her dinner without anything sweet in it!!!HELP PLZ Lock Rss

i have alot of problems with my 8 mnth old daughter. She won't eat a savoury dinner without things like a tin of custard or apple puree mixed in it. i don't know wat to do.

jaya muma,

Wow, that is a really tough one. What solids does your bub have during the day?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Jayamuma,

Your daughter is thae same age as mine, and even tho she may not quite have teeth yet, their gums are quite hard at this stage.
I have Melissa on Kumera, ( I don't know if you have it over there!! - it's NZ potato) which is a little sweeter that plain potato, but she is a good eater at the mo, touch wood.
But also have you tried sweet potatoes? They could help. Also, do you give her canned baby food, or make your own? The canned stuff can quite often have access sugar (that they never tell us about!) and maybe puree your own apples and pears or something? i know it can be tedious, but I hope it might help. Even you own custard.
Rhubarb can be quite bitter/sweet too.
If I think of anything else I will post another reply!! smile

Emily

Sign in to follow this topic