Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. 5mth old and food also what about corn?

5mth old and food also what about corn? Lock Rss

Hi Girls!
Im sure that this has been asked before but i cant find a post.
My bub has been on solids since 4mths.
So far i have tried the following vegies(pureed myself) pumkin, potato, sweet potato, carrot, and zucchini. i have also tried heinz jarred food with all the mixed vegies etc... and fruits such as pear, banana,berries,apples.
Can i try any other foods yet and what should be the next thing to try??????
Hope this does not sound silly but to pureed my own apples and pears do i boil them or something???
Also i used a heinz jar of pumpkin and sweet corn. This may be a dumb question but how do i make my own pureed sweet corn????

I love this whole feeding stuff but my god sometimes it can be so confusing
Thanks in advance for your help smile

Kylie NSW, Kade 17 months

Hi,

I would probably wait until he was 6 months until i tried anything else but your health nurse should have a list of what you can feed them.

Just peel the apples and pears and boil them. Its really easy. I used to do it all the time for my first son and he loved it.

If you have a food processor just stick the corn in that and it purees it perfectly or just use a hand blender.

My 2nd son is 9 months old so if you want to chat more email me at [email protected]

Mel.
Your bubs is doing so well with solids - well done !!! So what other foods would you like to try? I don't think its a problem to keep experimenting. Have you tried any yoghurts or custards? Maybe you could try a little of those and see how bubs goes on dairy. Thats a good question about sweet corn as I've never pureed it. DD tried it firstly with that same He1nz combo you used (smells horrid, but she liked it). She took to lumpy food well so I just give it to her un mashed / pureed.

With apples/pears (etc) I boil them, then mash and freeze in ice cube trays - later transferring to an air tight container. I cook in bulk every 2-3 weeks.

One thign I was going to suggest is maybe see how your bub goes with a few lumps. If he is doign so well with pureed stuff, it might be a good time. Maybe do a cube of puree'd and a cube of hand mashed (mixed).

Best of luck - its so nice to read some-one so excited about solids - you are doing a great job !

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic