Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. What time to give breakfast to 5 mth old?

What time to give breakfast to 5 mth old? Lock Rss

I dont know what to do with my 5mth old DS. He wakes up at 6am and I feed him a 250ml bottle - he is a fast drinker and drinks it within 5-10minutes. He sleeps for 10 hrs overnight but I am not sure what to do with him after this bottle. Ihave just started solids this week and I give him cereal and pureed pears after his 9.30am feed but between 6-9.30am I am at aloss of what to do with him. He whinges in his bed, he whinges when I get him up and play. He is usually such a happy baby and used to wake up at 7.30am which was a lot easier but now 6am seems to early to give him breakfast. What do I do with him????

Julie, SA, mum to Thomas born 21/11/05

Hi

what i usually do with my DD for breakfast is give her a bottle about 10-15 mins after she wakes up than 45min - 1 hr later i give her some baby cereal usualy muesli.
than she has her next bottle anywhere between 10.30 - 12 depending when she woke up.

she is 6.5 months now but i have been doing this since she was about 4.5 months old.

good luck hope this helps

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Hi,

Could it be he is still tired?

My 5 month little girl sleeps through also and wakes somewhere from 6.30 onwards. I usually give her bottle in our bed (mainly because I am half asleep still.. lol) after her first bottle she has a chat to us and a bit of a kick and then I put her back to bed and she naps again for about an hour. then I give her cereal and fruit.

I find that if she doesnt have that little nap she is grumpy and whingy too.
Hi,

You could try giving him half his bottle then feeding him his breakfast then offering the rest of the bottle inbetween a few spoonfuls of breakfast and see if this helps,

or

you could try giving the bottle first as you usually do and seeing then if he wants to play around for a few minutes or chat before trying to get him to go back to sleep again so then after he has woken up you can try to feeding him breakfast.

An early morning stroll (if you can) usually is good to distract them and to get you both out in the fresh air for 30 mins or so so then by the time you come back you can give him some breakfast at around the time you want to and it may be enough to help him get off to sleep again for his am nap.

Hope this helps.

hi this is what i do with my 5 month old.
He wakes at about 6.30 (on a good day) i let him talk to himself in bed for a while change his bum and he has a bottle(200mls) at 7 then at 8 i give him his breakfast (solids) then he is back in be at 9.
Im following one of tizzie hall's routines and it is working well.
What is your daily routine? How often does he feed?

Kylie NSW, Kade 17 months

he may still be tired
its strange my bub will wake up from her long sleep,we do bottle,have some brekky,have a play,then after only being awake an hour or so she needs a morning nap,strange lillte things arn't they

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic