Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

food allergys Lock Rss

hello i am mum to a 4 month old baby girl who has major food allergy to dairy products,soy products,nuts seeds,eggs,bread and more.am just wondering if there is any other mums who have babies with major allergys that i can chat to.i need same advice on starting solids and you may know any recipe books i can buy.

katie,victoria,mum to 2 beautiful girls!

You poor bugger. DD reacts to green veggies, which is a bit of a pain - but no where near as bad as you have it. So do you think your bubs will always have those allergies? Does it run in your family?

I did notice the supermarket has a lot of products now that can cater for such severe allergies, but not a wide variety. I think a lot of parents in your situation pretty much have to make every-thing from scratch.

We are seeing a nutritionalist through Community Health, they have a stack of resources and information. That is about the only suggestion I have for you. I reel feel for you though, it must make things difficult.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Sweetkatie,
My DS has allergies to gluten and eggs which has meant that as I am breastfeeding I have had to go gluten free, he is now 9mths, I waited until he was 6mths before we started solids, and started on the usual rice cereal and just introduced things slowly, have tried wheat and egg only to get eczema and reflux back. I have a book called 365 recipes for Babies, Toddlers and Children by Bridget Wardley and Judy More - which clearly indicates what is in the recipe ie it is wheat/gluten free, or no egg.

Good Luck

Matsmum

mum of 2

Hi there Katie
My bubs has allergies to dairy, corn and eggs and intolerances to preservitives and colours. There is a good book put out the RPA called friendly food that is worth looking at. I have a 10 month old boy that at the moment only eats rice cereal mixed with formula for breakfast and lunch. And for tea can only tolerate a dessertspoon full of of pumpkin and a little meat (only every third day1 /2 a tsp).Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if u need some advice or just to talk about the diffuculties of an allergy child.
Best of luck Kylie
Sign in to follow this topic