Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. how much solids for 6 month old?

how much solids for 6 month old? Lock Rss

my bub will soon be 6 monthd old
she has 4-5 bottles a day and after every feed we play with some food,and eat some too lol
how much solids do u think she should be eating every day??
xxxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

To begin with start with a few teaspoons just to get her use to it. If you find she is doing ok and is still taking her bottles ok then try increasing to around 2 tablespoons.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

my 6.5 month old has been on solids since just before 5 months. i started with just half a teaspoon, then gradually increased up to 1 then 2 tablespoons. now he eats probably 5 or 6 tablespoons of food twice a day, plus still plenty of breast milk.
baby will guide you. my little one loves his food, others will turn away and just refuse when they've had enough. mine loves his fruits and vegies.
goodluck

Amanda - Lachie 30/9/05, Will 20/10/07

My friends baby is not quite 7 months, she has cut down to morning and night feed and gives him solids the rest of the time. The baby is a huge feeder since 3 months he would be B/f then he would also guzzle from a cereal bottle 200mls of thick rice ceral. Now he has about 3 jars of food for one feed. (mine 6months & struggles to eat half a jar).

She asked me if I though it was ok that she cut down on breast feeding and if it was ok for him. I told her I wasn't sure. Does any one know?.

Sam Qld,

Sign in to follow this topic