Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Ricotta Cheese Lock Rss

Hi,

Can anyone share with if they know if it is ok for babies to take ricotta cheese? My little girl is 6.5 months now and I wanted to start her on cottage cheese but the supermarket only sold low fat ones. We saw ricotta cheese and I thought that I read somewhere that that was ok but of course I can't find where I read that. Has anyone given their little ones ricotta cheese? We are also plannign to give her cheddar cheese this week too. Many thanks for your help.
Hi southaussie,
Riccotta cheese is perfect to give to bubs. I used this and full fat cottage cheese in a lot of my twins meals to give flavour and texture. The main thing with cheese is that you give them the cheeses that are safe from listeria. So you avoid the soft cheeses like Brie and Camembert. So what you avoided while pregnant you don't give to bubs until they are 1yrs. by then their immune system is able to handle these foods.
I was advised that you start your bub with cheese (including ricotta and cottage) before you give them yoghurt. This is because cheese is easier for ther systems to break down, once you can see there is no problem with cheese then you can introduce youghut.
Good luck with her new taste sensations

Danielle

Im not to sure if Ricotta cheese is good for babys but I think it would cause its got milk it and thats good for babys and if you arent to sure just ask your GP about Ricotta.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic