Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Fish?? Lock Rss

Hi everyone

My little one is 7.5 months and i've tried to get her to try fish in the following ways:
1. steamed sea perch, pureed with vegies on the side (met with disgust)
2. boiled sea perch with potato and spinach and then pureed (met with disgust)
3. tinned tuna in springwater pureed (yep, met with disgust)
4. tinned tuna with potato pureed (yep,....)

Any suggestions on how to serve fish? i've been told fish fingers but to take the crumbs off.

When i cook chicken or beef she'll only have it if the flavour is disguised with carrot/sweet potato. I didn't want to have to add that to every meal, hence the question.

Someone else said try with cheese sauce, but isn't she too young for milk? she is still breastfeeding.
thanks
Susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

Hi Susan

My daughter is almost 10 months old and this is how i give her fish or meat...i usually cook it alongwith some rice (already boiled) and veggies. Once it all cools down, i remove the thorns from the fish and shred it finely with my fingers and mix it through with the rest of the food and then i just fork mash the whole lot.

Hope this helps.

mumof2

Hi, she may be too young for straight cows milk but she can have it as an ingredient in food like cheese sauce from six months I think.

I would try that, my son is fussy like that too...

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

I gave my 7 month old some fish from the inside of a fish-finger-type-thing last night. He pulled a funny face at first, but then wanted more. I think he's going to be one of those bubs though that will eat just about anything (however, now that I've said that, I'm sure he'll reject whatever I dish up for him tonight).

Rather than going to the trouble of making cheese sauce, what if you just mix a bit of grated cheese in with it?

And as Elle said, I've also heard that from six months they can have dairy as long as it's not replacing their breast/formula milk.
Sign in to follow this topic