Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Strawberries Rss

I haven't long been a member of the site and I was looking back through old message and noticed that strawberries were referred to as 'bad foods' for your baby.
I didn't know this, what is bad about them?
D
only that you shouldn't give babies under 12mths strawberries.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi D,

I was told that strawberries seem to cause bad reactions to babies under 1, by my childhood nurse, so I don't give Jordan any. They also say not to give children peanut butter until they are approx 4 years old but a lot of kids have had it well before then.

Hope that helps you.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Our child health nurse told us strawberries are one of the foods high in allergans so it's best to steer clear of them until 12 months - although not in all babies, but if they do have a reaction apparently it is often quite severe as with peanuts.

Jasmine
Foods which go to 'fungus' easily are often linked to allergies and reactions. I know quite a few people who are that allergic to strawberries they get anaphalactic shock. Mangoes are another common fruit to cause allergies too.
hi

I never knew that about strawberries and I gave them to my daughter from 9 months, lucky she had no reaction, she loves them.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic