Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. freezing fruit & vege's for bub's dinner

freezing fruit & vege's for bub's dinner Rss

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what type of fruit and vegetables can be prepared in advance and then frozen for use at a later date? Are there any which can't be frozen? All information would greatly help.
Cheers!
Storm.
Hi Storm,

I find that all the fruit and vege's that I give my boy freeze pretty well. I just put them into an ice cube tray and then pop them into a bag so they don't get freezer burn. Pumpkin and potato freeze really well, but I find I need to add a little more water when heating, as it is quite thick. I find that I can freeze all of the Watties foods that we have opened as well. I haven't yet found any that can't be frozen.
Hope this helps.

Rebecca, NZ, Boy born 30/10/03

hi well in this book i have it says you can freeze fish up to 3mths
meat 3mths
poultry 3mths
fruit 3mths
vegetables 3mths
soups 3mths
and breads and cakes up to 3mths
hope this helps seeya
You can freeze most things for up to three months except banana and avocado.
Hi Guys,
Thankyou all so much for your reply's, they've been a great help. It's amazing how much you can learn from other mum's. Thanks again.
Cheers!
Storm.
all my baby's vegies froze, and i gave her everything. The only fruit i froze was apple, all her other fruit is soft to start with so i gave it to her fresh

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

I have found that I cannot freeze pureed white potato. It goes jelly like and gluggy.

SA, 2 boys

Sign in to follow this topic