Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Has anyone read "Save our Sleep" by Tizzie Hall?

Has anyone read "Save our Sleep" by Tizzie Hall? Lock Rss

Hi there, I have a baby boy who is 4 months old and we have been using a dummy to get him to go to sleep as well. He had been sleeping from about 7pm -6:30am until recently where he has started waking at 3am. Sometimes we can go in and he will resettle easily with the dummy, other times it is a marathon. I too don't know what to do..last night I eventually put him on his side and that worked ok. I don't know if I should be doing that though - I use that technique to resettle during the day. He also has a fasination with his dummy and constantly pulls it out of his mouth as well! I thinking of trying to ditch it??
Hi there, I have a baby boy who is 4 months old and we have been using a dummy to get him to go to sleep as well. He had been sleeping from about 7pm -6:30am until recently where he has started waking at 3am. Sometimes we can go in and he will resettle easily with the dummy, other times it is a marathon. I too don't know what to do..last night I eventually put him on his side and that worked ok. I don't know if I should be doing that though - I use that technique to resettle during the day. He also has a fasination with his dummy and constantly pulls it out of his mouth as well! I thinking of trying to ditch it??

Karen - Mum to Cooper 4 months
Hi all,

Can I just give a WARNING if this book is not working in a week....Please stop and try somthing else.
I had one very sick little girl after a month.

Good point is we went cold on the dummy and it did start us down the right road of breastfeeding better...longer and more often.

www.parentingbabytosleep.blogspot.com
hi meganb, sorry to hear about your little girl getting sick, can i ask what happened?
Hi princy,

My Bub...just kind of stopped everything.
Stopped taking milk from me
Stopped eating any food
Didn't want to be held by me but couldn't stand not being held??? Very hard holding a baby that wants you but doesn't.
She cried all the time...and towards the end so did I
She put on hardly any weight for the month that I used the book.
She screamed at the sight of her cot or the pushchair
And of course she didn't sleep but for quick snips.

My family could see the differece as well as friends they didn't know what we were doing but they commented that I was not well and Ara looked listless.

I'd never heard of SHUTDOWN SYNDROME and you may think I'm being overly silly but it happened to us
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/T131200 .asp

I've also just found this talking about Babywise which has very simlar routines to SOS

The American Academy of Pediatrics issued a "Media Alert" in which the organization emphatically "reaffirms its stance that the best feeding schedules for babies are the ones babies design themselves." The alert went on to say that "scheduled feedings designed by parents may put babies at risk for poor weight gain and dehydration."

Medical textbook co-author Kathleen Auerbach, Ph.D., a nationally known International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), concurs. "This is completely out of keeping with how infants sleep and eat. An 8-week-old infant gets approximately 30 percent of all food volume in the hours between midnight and 8 a.m. To deny babies fully one-third of their total food volume by 2 months of age is asking for trouble," says Auerbach.
[Edited on 10/06/2007]
Hi all,
Just a question about the routine till introducing solids...
Do you find that with having this routine that a baby of 4 months will automatically stop cat napping therefore they can make it to the next up time? Or does this take a few days?
If not do you stick to the feed times and sleep times (meaning extra long up times...approx 3 hours given a 45 minute cat nap)

I have a cat napper who has started waking earlier and earlier in the night so have found this book and hoping or big changes!

Thanks in advance:)
Sign in to follow this topic