Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

cot bumpers Rss

I would really love some opinions on this. My little man has enough trouble sleeping as it is, but now he really moves around a lot and keeps bumping into the rails, getting legs and arms stuck and waking up. I have been advised not to have a bumper due to sids risks, however is he now old enough to have one? Nobody really says at what age it is ok. He knows to move off his stomach himself if his face is down, so you would think the would be allright with a bumper. I don't know! Please any opinions or advice or experiences would be appreciated. Thanx.

Nicole, Queensland, almost 3 yo boy - Sebastian

I thought cot bumpers were a no no because they may not ventilate the cot as well. If his room is well ventilated I think I would use one. I think he is probably strong enough to get himself out of trouble if he did and you would certainly hear him! My thoughts anyway!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

this is the first i have heard about cot bumpers being a no no.. i had no idea.. My little boy has had a bumper in his cot since i put him in a cot. and i am glad i have cause he is a little mover.. but in the end its your decision..

Mel, Briz, 3 children

Hi There,
Try elevating one end or the cot to see if it reduces his ability to travel up. My 2yr old moved into a bed at 18mths & before that we regularly found her sleeping with her legs dangling from the bottom or side of the cot. It never really worried her.
I have only ever heard that cot bumpers were a definite no,no but naturally this was after I purchased the whole kit & kabudle early in my pregnancy.
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

Our little one kept bumping his head on the hard cot bars and we brought these amazing Pure Safety Vertical Cot Liners. They zip onto each cot rail, so there are no dangerous ties etc https://babytoolbox.co.nz/collections/vertical-...
Hope that helps x
Sign in to follow this topic