Huggies Forum

Unwrapping herself Lock Rss

Hi Ava's Mum,
Just wondering if you could email the diagram to us as well for wrapping bubs up. Here's my email: dinobett@bigpond.com
Thanks heaps:-)

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Hi Bel, I've had the same problem with my 51/2 month old. She also used to put herself to sleep while wrapped, but cant seem to once she wriggles her way out. What seems to be working for me lately is wrapping her tightly in a cot sheet as its bigger than her wraps- she seems less able to wriggle out this way.
Good luck

Carlie, 3 girls 12/02/98,05/08/03 & 06/08/05

Hi Ava's mum,

I was also wandering if you could please email me a diagram of the wrap. My son is 4 1/2 months old and still has the startle reflex. He falls asleep unwrapped but not for too long, he wakes up very cranky and tired, I have tried wrapping him but he keeps unwrapping himself. If he is extremely tired he will sleep wrapped, no problems at all, that doesn't happen very often though. During the night I think he wakes up, not to feed, but because he unwraps himself.

Please help.

Thank you.
Regards,
sam

Mum to toddler

Hi Ava's mum,

Sorry I forgot to include my email address (lack of sleep does that - I'm sure you can relate). It is samya.lee@bigpond.com.au

Thanks again.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi Avas-mum, I was wondering if u could send me that diagram as well?? Joshua screams the house down if he is not rapped, i just can't stand it anymore. If u could send it that would be great.

My e-mail address is alchivell@hotmail.com

April, Vic, son Joshua Colin born 16th August 03'

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that I have a 6 month old daughter who has been putting herself to sleep since about 6 weeks old and sleeps 10-12 hours at night.

Lately she was waking up as she was getting out of her wrap and couldn't put herself back to sleep. I was at my wits end! She just would not settle unless she was wrapped.

Although I was reluctant I went and purchased a safetsleep (you can get it from babies galore and toys r us). Anyway, it is brilliant and it honestly worked the first time I used it. The great thing about it is that you can take it with you. The website is www.safetsleep.com. I am so glad I found it and will be using it from day 1 with the next one.

Let me know how you go with it if you use it.

Good luck to you all.
Hi Karly,

I too went and got a safetsleep and have been happy so far with it. I just wanted to find out if you are still wrapping your baby and then placing her in the safetsleep? I tried just wrapping Mackenzie from the waist down, so that her arms were free and I think that was okay as I would like to start trying her without being wrapped.

Any thoughts on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks
Stephanie

Stephanie, NSW, Mother of Mackenzie

Hi Stephanie,

No, I am not wrapping my daugther anymore. She seems to like the freedom of being able to move her legs around, especially lately with the weather being so hot! I haven't tried wrapping her while using the safetsleep, I have always put her in it without being wrapped and have never had a problem with her going to sleep.

I know someone else that also uses a safetsleep and their daugther likes to snuggle with her wrap until she falls asleep then her mum takes it away from her.

Let me know how Mackenzie goes.

Karly
Hi Ava's mum,

Is there a way you could post the diagram for us all to see on this forum?

My 5 month old will only sleep for 30 min naps during the day then unwraps herself.

Thanks x
Sign in to follow this topic