Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. The Contented Little Baby Book

The Contented Little Baby Book Rss

Has anyone read this book? Apparently it is really good - I don't want to buy it if it is stupid - anyone want to give me a review? Haha

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Marti
I purchased this book after reading about it in 'That's Life' magazine. I'm sorry but at $30 I didn't find it worth it. It had some good points in it about setting a good breastfeeding routine which I think helped me but thats where it ends.
I recently had another look at it as I've been having trouble with my sons sleeping during the night and I thought the routines set out where completely unrealistic. Unless you stay at home always and don't mind waking your baby up. It covered things like put them down for a sleep at say 9am then wake them at 10am no matter what time they fell asleep. The same with lunch time sleep put them down at 12 and wake them at 2pm no matter what time they fell asleep.
I don't know about you but this would not work at all with my son. During the day he can sleep for anywhere from 1/2 hour to 2 hours. He has 2-3 sleeps a day but if you added up the total time he has, its usually always approximately3 hours of daytime naps.
If you're interested why not try your local library to borrow a copy or maybe look on e-bay. I just didn't think it was worth the money that I paid for it.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Marti

I haven't bought it, but I joined our local library the other day and did notice it there. Maybe try your library and if you do like it then you could buy it or just borrow it whenever you need to.

Hope this helps
Jasmine
Sign in to follow this topic