Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Hitting head and waking

Hitting head and waking Rss

I have a 10 month old that, for the last two weeks, has been waking once a night crying because he has flipped onto his stomach, crawled to the top of the cot and (I think) hit his head. I say I think because when we go to him he is lying with his head against the top of the cot. We only need to go to him, put him on his back further down the cot and he goes back to sleep but I'm not sure why he's doing this and how to stop it. Any ideas??

Lisa, QLD, 17mth baby boy

hey hawko,

my little man is 9 weeks and has only ever slept on his belly.. he too wiggles his way up to the top and the cot.. occasionally he cries.. i think though because they may be at the end of the line and can't go any further.. not sure..

Mel, Briz, 3 children

oh Thank GOD someone else has this problem!

Hannah has started flipping herself around and I have woken up in the middle of the night to here her crying and not only that - but actually being able to hear her banging her head against the side of the cot!

I have one of those things that you put on the side of babies to stop them from rolling onto their tummies (not that it worked for me) but I use that now by putting it on the side that she most frequently uses to roll so that she can't bang her head.

Otherwise - she actually seems to have stopped it now - after a couple of weeks - so maybe your son just needs to learn to accomodate for his surroundings?

If anyone has suggestions though - I am all ears! smile

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

Thanks for replying. You wouldn't believe that after I went to the trouble of putting this message up he slept right through!! I was also told today that you can try tying a towel around the top of the cot so that when they wiggle their way up they don't clunk their head.

Lisa, QLD, 17mth baby boy

Sign in to follow this topic