Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. HELP I NEED SOME SLEEP

HELP I NEED SOME SLEEP Lock Rss

hi there, i have a 8 month old lil boy, he was sleeping through the night up until 2 months ago, he goes to bed around 8 and is up by 930, back down at 10 only to be up again at 12, he usually goes straight back to sleep after a bottle but he wakes once more at 2 or 3 then back to bed until 5, any help would be sooooooooo great

lani, bathurst, mum to jacob 2 years

I don't know what he does when he wakes but my daughter did this when she was about the same age (11 months now) and she did scream for about 5 minutes and it was very hard but I just left her and after about 10 she was asleep again.

I know its hard to leave them but I did try going in and settling in the room but it just made her worse when I walked out.

Cotton wool in the ears..............?

Catherine,VIC,mother of 2

hi Lani!

Ooh, I can so relate to what I've just read of your story. My little girl did the same thing (started about 5 1/2 mths) and by 8 mths I thought I was gonna have a nervous breakdown or something from sleep deprivation!! I can recommend a book that a friend loaned me at the time that really made a huge difference. My little girl, (now almost 15mths) sleeps through again (has since a week after I began using the book) and has two structured day sleeps aswell. She's like a different little girl.

Would love to share with you about it if you're interested. Thinking of you.

Smiles!
Shani
that would be great,he just wakes up screaming, last night he woke at 2 and we coulndnt get him back down until 4

lani, bathurst, mum to jacob 2 years

Hi Lani

I have used the same book with my daughter that Shani used and it is fantastic. It is called "On Becoming Babywise" by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam. It is available through Christian bookshops or online a www. word.com.au. It promotes routine feeding using a feed/play/sleep pattern and somehow it works!! My daughter used to be awake for 3 - 5 hours at a time during the night and would only sleep 2 hours at a time and when i got her onto Babywise she was a different child within a week. She starting sleeping 11 -12 hours a night from 9 weeks of age. The book does recommend starting the program from birth, however, it does still work with older infants, it may take a little longer to break old habits though. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] Good Luck!!

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Hey Lani!!

I'm so sorry to hear you had such an awful night. Are they all like that?? Alynta was waking anything from 3 - 8 times at night by the worst point of it and demanding to be fed everytime. Plus she was in bed with me which meant terrible sleep for both of us even when we were asleep.

As Allison has mentioned, the book I used is called 'On Becoming Baby Wise' (it's actually part of a series and I love them so much I've just begun reading the third one which is applicable to Alynta now). The best place I've found to get them is through the web site of the distribution org. It is called Growing Families Australia and the web address is www.gfi.org.au . Also has some great parenting type info on there. The book is currently on special 'til the end of year for around $14. Not sure on postage though sorry. Anyway, would love to help in anyway I can, even if it's just being someone to talk to who understands. My e-mail is [email protected] if you feel comfortable ctcing me that way, otherwise I hope to hear from you soon. Thinking of you lots! and hoping you get some sleep soon. smile

Smiles!
Shanna
Sign in to follow this topic