Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Waking through the night, used to sleep thru....help!

Waking through the night, used to sleep thru....help! Lock Rss

Hi Heidi

I have just entered the 'What happened to my perfect baby?' club. My 6mo has started solids and stopped sleeping through. Sounds exactly the same as your crisis; possibly teething (but taking forever about it) and no longer settling by herself. Just so you know- I'm not back at work yet, but noticed she's been more clingy lately and testing me to see if I come to her. My GP said it's all very normal 6 months behaviour. Just wondered how your little boy is going now?
Hi Heidi

I have just entered the 'What happened to my perfect baby?' club. My 6mo has started solids and stopped sleeping through. Sounds exactly the same as your crisis; possibly teething (but taking forever about it) and no longer settling by herself. Just so you know- I'm not back at work yet, but noticed she's been more clingy lately and testing me to see if I come to her. My GP said it's all very normal 6 months behaviour, suggested more, stodgier food at the dinner feed. Just wondered how your little boy is going now?
That sounds good but what do you do when your baby doesn't wake up crying, my little girl started sleeping through after we went to sleep school and I was wrapped but all of a sudden (about when she turned 6 mnths) she started waking up at the same times every night for a feed, but doesn't cry, but is wide awake, I settle her but soon after she is a wake again what do you suggest?

Vic

My little boy has just turned one. We have him in a big bed with sides because I am 30wks pregnant with our 2nd child and didn't want the hassle of purchasing a 2nd cot. We have probably made a rod for our own backs, but we have been bringing him into our bed when he wakes, and now with the big bed he can get out of it himself and wanders into our room of his own accord. (he has been walking since he was 11mths old). When he is in bed with us he sleeps like a log and we don't have to keep getting up to him throughout the night (less exhausted mummy!). But, he does often sleep all the way through the night - probably on average it works out to be every 2nd night.
We have also found he will sleep through when there is no night light in his room to distract him when he wakes-we leave a hall light on in case he gets up.
Looking back, the sleeping problems definately started when he started child care, when I went back to work part time (2 days a week)- though I have never had problems with separation anxiety when I drop him off.
All I can say is it gets easier- you work out what suits your own personal situation.
Sign in to follow this topic