Huggies Forum

Sleeping from 3pm Lock Rss

Hello,

My 3 and a half month year old son is bottle fed and has always had his big sleep starting in the afternoons. If he feeds anywhere past 2pm he will sleep for about 8-10 hours and then feed every 3 hours after that...So he is on 5 feeds a day at the moment. I am thinking of changing his routine so that he has his big sleep at a more realistic time so that my husband and I get more sleep? Has anybody else had a similar dilemma? What did you do?
Hi Lula

Well I didn't have exactly that problem with my bubba, but I did have lots of sleep routine problems.

Sounds like your little guy's body clock just ended up a bit out and not he's in the habit. It also sounds though like you've done a fairly good job with getting him into a fairly stable routine.

If your interested, we used a book called BabyWise that helped us to establish Alyntas sleep routine, and it's also great for adjusting it. It's written by a couple of doctors, so it give you heaps of really great info on baby sleeping in general etc. If you'd like any more information or have any questions, let me know.

Smiles! smile
Our baby boy was the same way...it is not recommended, as it does not work for all babies, but it worksed for us!...smile,
we just started waking him up at about 6.00PM, (what ever was 4 hours after his afternoon feed,) and then he sleeps through until 6-7AM, with a dreamfeed at 11.00PM,

Hope that helps, or if not someone else here may have another idea you can try,

Cheers
Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Sign in to follow this topic