Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Mother Baby Unit saved us!!!

Mother Baby Unit saved us!!! Rss

Hi all!

I am new to this messaging thing but I thought I could share a POSITIVE sleep experience with you all...

For six months, my daughter Eden woke anywhere from two to six times a night. I could only get her back to sleep by breastfeeding.

I finally spoke to my maternal and child health nurse who gave me a list of mother baby units in Melbourne. I do have private health insurance which helped me get in a bit more quickly, but it was the best thing I have ever done.

Its a five night stay and the first two are the hardest, but now Eden sleeps 12 hours overnight and still has three naps during the day. Its Heaven!

There is help out there, you just have to ask for it!

Summer, VIC, 7month old daughter (Eden)

Congratulations!! You must feel like a new person. I bet you actually have a moment in your day where you are a bit lost with yourself. I think one if the hardest things, and I am very guilty of it, is to not only ask but to accept help. You deserve to be very proud of yourself. I dont know you but I could see the huge smile on your face while you typed your post!!!.Good on you.
Janeen
HI MY NAME IS HELEN YOU ARE SO LUCKY THAT THE SLEEP CLINIC WORKED FOR YOU. I TRIED IT WITH MY SON MARK IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST FOUR WEEKS THAN HE BECAME SICK AND WE HEVE NOT BE ABLE TO GET HIM TO PUT HIM SELF BACK TO SLEEP SINCE. OUR BABY HEALTH NURSE SAID THAT WE NOW WOULD HAVE TO GO TO SYDNEY FOR FIVE DAYS TO THE CLINIC DOWN THERE BUT THAT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR US DUE TO FAMILY COMMITMENTS.IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT THERE IS HELP AVAIABLE IF YOU NEED IT.
Sign in to follow this topic