Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. CONTROLLED CRYING VS SELF SETTLING

CONTROLLED CRYING VS SELF SETTLING Lock Rss

ok, i am a little confused, well most of the time lately a lot confused, but a couple of hours sleep a night will do that to you!
what does Controlled Crying mean and what does self settling mean? to me they are the same thing, letting your baby cry for a time, then reassuring them. i have a 7 week old and am letting him cry for a while which puts him to sleep. i reassure him when necessary, and sometimes end up rocking him when he is too overtired or upset. i have also read CC shouldnt be done before 6 months, but is what i am doing CC or self settling?

hope this makes sense to someone!!
thansk!

hi danae. i don't know the difference. i was under the impression that they were the same only cc had been renamed to make it sound nicer.

i am not a fan of cc as i won't leave my baby to cry, but some babies do exhibit clear tired signs and go to sleep when put in there beds. one of mine was like this for a while. if she cried i picked her up and tried somehting else.

so much of parenting is about learning what works for you and your baby. good luck.

mum of 3 girls

Sign in to follow this topic