Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

asleep in car. Lock Rss

hi there everyone.just wanted to ask if u r out and ur bub falls asleep in car(generally wen u get home).do u stay in the car while bub sleeps or do u get them out and put them to bed.if ds is asleep wen we get home and i take him out of the car and put him to bed he wont sleep.does this happen to anyone else??
Thats a pretty silly question to ask-it sounds like you need to seek professional help if you are confused about this one!!!
Honestly, you need to get off the forums and into reality girl!
Sossle I think you better re read Jackson Mummys post, she doesn't say that she leaves him in the car, but she stays in there with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My sister often Leaves her 18 month old sleeping in the car in the enclosed garage with all doors open and the door to the house open, (access is thru the garage to the kitchen) and is monitored the entire time.

I think you have jumped on her without finding out the entire story, I do not think she leaves her baby in the car with all windows up in the the drive way in the middle of the summer all on his own. DO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU OWE HER AN APOLOGY

Naomi
Hi Rochelle
I understand where you are coming from. My bub falls to sleep in the car all the time. Although i would love to keep him there asleep i dont have the time to just sit in the car with him why he sleeps i would never leave him n there alone.
So i take him out and most times he will go to sleep in his cot but that will only last about 10mins which is a bugger. but i do know people who will keep their bubs in the car and will sit with them whilst they sleep (as long as it is not to hot!)

Kylie NSW, Kade 17 months

In answer to your question Rochelle, a few of my friends have taken detours on the way home to extend the car journey. One friend who's baby always seems to have trouble sleeping - grabs a magazine and relaxes in the car till her bubs wakes up. She is usually that greatful her baby has fallen asleep, she isn't going to risk moving her. My DD hasn't slept in the car since we turned her car seat around, although at times, I wish she would - little bugger !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

hey darl,when we get home from somewhere and lil is asleep if im tired i might just relax in the car unless it hot and then i bring her in
its a pest though isn't it when you have to wake them
SOSSLE
I KNOW OTHERS HAV PUT U IN LINE BUT YOUR THE BORED ONE IF UR PICKING ON JACKSONS MUMMY'S POST
SHE CAN POST WHATEVER SHE LIKES,IF UR NOT INTERESTES IN FUTURE DON'T REPLY,THIS SITE IS HERE TO HELP MUMS NOT TO PICK ON THEM
I THINK THIS POST IS ASKING A GOOD QUESTION INDEED!!!

p.s jacsksonsmummy,its so annoying when u get them out of the car then their wide eyed awake lol
xxxx i like your post

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi Rochelle,

My bubby is such a bad sleeper that when he does fall asleep in the car....I keep driving LOL. Even if I am 5 mins away from our house I just drive around the neighbourhood abit, have been known to take a 45min detour at times ( how sad is that )I dont do it all the time. Have tried to take him out and do the resettle has only worked on the odd occasion. I just like him to get as much sleep as possible and I like to drive (music/radio and air-con) So this works for me!!
smile smile xx Nat

Normally when we are on the way home Jaye will falll asleep about 15 mins before we get home and I normally leave her in the car and I will do the garden so I can watch her and know when she has waken up cause if I take her inside she wakes up and it takes awhile for her to get back to sleep, other times when I have taken Jaye back inside she will go back to sleep when I give her a feed thats the only way.

Jaye doesnt sleep in her cot in her room during the day so I have her travelling cot upside and when she falls asleep I put her into the cot but it doesnt last long.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi Jackson's Mummy,

I also have problems transferring my son from car to cot if he has fallen asleep in the car. Sometimes he goes down, other times he doesn't.

I will often leave him in the car, in the shade, with all windows down. Our car port is inside a security gate and so I feel safe that he will be ok while I am upstairs. I continually check on him over our balcony(directly above car). As my son is not a good sleeper, that extra 20-30 minutes he may get in the car is worthwhile. I also don't mind taking a detour or two on the way home so he can get a bit more sleep while I take a little drive around our neighbourhood. I have never known my neighbourhood so well!

Thanks for submitting questions that a lot of people think, but don't email in.

Peta, Qld, 11 month old
Hi Jacksons mummy , my 16 month old son usually falls asleep in the car , and yes usually wakes up when i move him to his cot , so YES i do let him sleep in the car - like other women have said its in an enclosed garage , not hot , windows down , bit of soft music going and he can sleep for up to two hours. I dont stay with him , i regularly go out and check on him.. I see nothing wrong with this , i dont leave the car running ( prob wouldnt do that ). Also when i fill up my car - i leave him in and lock the car. I can always see him and he has never played up.
Jaye normally falls alseep when we a 15 minutes away from home so I leave her in the car so while she is in the car alseep I will get into the garden and work on that til she has waken up and when she does wake up I bring her inside and give her a feed and put her into her cot upstairs (travelling cot) and if im lucky she will sleep for half hour.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic