Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. When did you stop dream feeds?

When did you stop dream feeds? Lock Rss

Or when should you stop dream feeds?

Im not sure when to stop, they are having lots of solids and milk during the day, but i am worried it will completely stuff there routine etc up, but i cant do it forever.
Thanks.

Mum to Taniesha & Braydon born on the 8th June 05

I haven't done it myself yet as Jebs still too young but in the stuff I have read you don't give it up until bubs are on 3 full solid meals a day for over a month. Also you don't give it up cold turkey. If you're b/fing they say to shorten the feeds by 2 minutes each night until you're down to 2 minutes then stop. If bubs wake during the night at any stage during stopping of the dreamfeed go back to feeding bubs the shortest timed feed before they started waking again for a few extra days before trying to shorten the feed again (do you understand what I'm typing coz I'm not sure I do LOL!!!!) If bottle feeding I think you lessen the amount given by about 20ml each night. Hope I have remember properly and that this helps. Good luck smile
Hi!
I stopped at about 6.5mths. I was very nervous about it as I didn't want DD to start waking at night but she was having two proper solids meals by that time. The reason I did stop was that she started to wake up/perk up after the feeds, and hence they weren't really dreamfeeds anymore. I did NOT want her to want a play at that time so I just stopped altogether and she just kept sleeping through! I was so relieved. She's 10mths now and has slept thru every night since then except for maybe 3 or so when she was teething, but even then I only had to go in once a night.
I think as long as they are having some good solid meals and getting enough food during the day they shouldn't need the DFs anymore. Hope this helps u. Good Luck!

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

Sign in to follow this topic