Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. unwrapped now needs wrapping again

unwrapped now needs wrapping again Lock Rss

I had unwrapped my daughter because she was getting out of her wrap and crying at night. She did really well for a few weeks then she would only sleep 45 mins -1hr in the day b4 waking and crying. Used to sleep 2 hrs straight. After 3 or 4 days of screaming I wrapped her again and she slept for 2 1/2hrs. She then was sleeping wrapped during the day and unwrapped at night. She was sleeping 12 hrs at night but the last 2 nights she has woken every 2-3 hrs crying. Do I need to wrap her at night again? She is 4 mths old.

Hello Tiffany

it sounds like your little one would profit from being wrapped every time she goes to bed. I was wrapping Olivia until 6 months, then i found that she was coming out of her wrap so i stopped,but then she began to sleep badly so i was advised to wrap her again and she's sleeping beautifully.

Olivia is now 7.5 months adn although i wrap her when i put her to bed, she will begin to unwrap as soon as i have placed her in her cot (she'll roll to her tummy, release her arm and fall asleep). I find that the wrap secures her when getting her ready for bed but then I let her decide how long she stays wrapped .... and she's always right!!!!!

Mind you , the only times i don't wrap her now are when she has fallen asleep in her pram or car and i lift her gently to her cot and she sleeps really well,

Hope this is helpful
susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

Sign in to follow this topic