Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. catnapping at 4 months why?

catnapping at 4 months why? Lock Rss

Hi all

I've started my little girlon formlua once a day for her last feed of the day 7:30pm. Everything is going really well and she sleeps until about 2am-3am (which is good for her)

HOWEVER - She has started cat napping during the day. She's never really slept ages during the day but she did have bursts where she would sleep up to 2 hours at a time, and now she's lucky to sleep 45 minutes.

I've tried changing her nappy..and putting her back down, and I've also tried letting her cry for a bit to see if she will fall back to sleep, and I've also tried putting her dummy in again and patting her bum. ALL fails!

How can I get her sleeping longer? My in laws have suggested that maybe my breast milk isn't strong enough anymore to sustain her like the formula is obviously doing at night time. I don't think this is the case.

Any advise please??????????

My daughter is 4 1/2 months, and on the nights she sleeps well, she tends to sleep less the following day.

We went through a phase of one big sleep around 2 1/2 hours after lunch, and then the rest were little catnaps. I don't really know why they do it, but if she's not going to go back to sleep there's nothing you can really do about it. it does sound like you are trying all the right things to get her to go back to sleep, so I would just let her get up and try again an hour or so later.

At the moment my daughter seems to be doing a couple of big sleeps morning, and then after lunch, and then she has her catnap at around 4:30 - 5 pm or thereabouts.
Sign in to follow this topic