Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Very early wakers........any tips??

Very early wakers........any tips?? Lock Rss

I'm getting a bit grumpy with my babies right now! I have 8 month old twins, and they have always been good sleepers. They put themselves to sleep at night, and one still has one night feed. Very rarely do i hear anything from them during the night. However over the past few weeks they have been waking up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5.30 every morning. My oldest used to do this too, but i just got up with her and after a while it fixed itself. With three now this is not an option, i need that extra hour or two sleep! The room is as dark as it can be without painting the windows.

I have been getting up and giving the one who doesn't feed at night a bottle to feed herself and going back to bed, then they are happy for at least half an hour, however i will have to stop this when she gets teeth. Any suggestions?

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

I don't know if I can really help but my bub went through the same thing. He's a lot younger than yours. From around 4/5 weeks he's been sleeping through the night with a roll over feed at 10:30pm and sleeping through to 6:30amish. Then around 11 weeks old he would wake anywhere between 4:30-5:30am!! In the past week he has gone into a cot now (was in a cradle) and has different bedding and mattress. For the past 5 days now he has been sleeping to 7-7:30 am!!!! Love it!! So after over 4 weeks of waking earlier he now sleeps in. Maybe look at what bedding you have on.Is it enough? I added just a light wrap over the top one night after his last feed aswell. Maybe they are starting to teeth? Anyway sorry I couldn't help much but good luck.smile
I wish i could give some advice on this, but if it is any help sooo many babies seem to do this. I started a topic on this a few months ago and was surprised how many mums are going through the same thing. Taj used to wake at 5-5.30 every morning, and i would leave him for 15 minutes before i went into him. He is now 9 months old and wakes around 6.15-6.30, so he is getting better ( 6 o'clock seems so much more civillised than 5.30). I also find that when he wakes i give him a bottle which he feeds himself and put some toys in his cot, and i can go back to bed for another hour whilst he keeps himelf amused. Wish i could be more help, but we are slowly getting there.
Just thoght i'd update-they're sleeping til about 7 now. They wake at daybreak for a bottle, which i'm still giving them to feed themselves (no teeth yet thankfully). We have the occasional early morning, but they are getting few and far between. And when they wake up now they're happy, so at least i get to wake up gradually! They're much happier during the day too, life is much easier now.
I think it was leaving them in their cots where possible that helped, maybe because now they don't expect to get up straightaway and are happy to wait? Don't really know, just thankful something worked! Good luck to the rest of you, hope you get a decent night's rest soon.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic