Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. when did you give them a pillow

when did you give them a pillow Lock Rss

hi
i have been told that babys can use a pillow at 12 months but i have a few friends that have decided to give there little one a pillow at 9-10 months and i have also have a friend that didnt want her little one to have a pillow till 13 months.
i would love to hear about when all you parents have giventhem a pillow or what you think you will do when the time comes smile thank you
ali

mum of peter 25/12/04

Hi Ali,

I'm not quite sure about when you can give them a pillow i have heard somewhere that we they go in a big bed.

I know if i tried to give my daughter one now at nearly 10 months she wouldn't use it, she changes positions so many times during the night, eithier that or it would end up on the floor.

Hope that kinda helps
Ella's mumma
my oldest Ella had a pillow when she went to a big bed, but I had problems with her wriggling around in cot and when she got to a big bed with a pillow she never wriggled.
My baby is only 4 1/2 months so doesn't have a pillow, but I'd be inclined to giver her just a low one when she starts wriggling all over the place in bed, as that is a sign that the baby can not get comfy.

Kirsten, NZ, Ella 02.10.1997, Gabrielle 20.06.2005

What I want to know is, why do we even need a pillow? I mean, I know that I would not be able to sleep without a pillow, but is that just because I'm used to it? What purpose do they actually serve?
Sign in to follow this topic