Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. sometimes it works other times it doesnt!

sometimes it works other times it doesnt! Rss

my 4 month old daughter has always been an excellent sleeper at night; from day 1 she slept from 10pm till 7 in the morning and now she sleeps from 9pm to 8am. we never have a problem putting her to bed at night.....but during the day is another matter alltogether!

patting will work one day but the next day she'll scream her head off same with the rocking and letting her settle her self....nothing seems to work more than a couple of times. i dont know what else to try or if i may be doing something wrong. please help

Cheryl,SA,Danika born 24.10.03 Matthew born 5.3.05

This post has been edited by the moderator.
thanks very much for the input!

i dont think she is having alot of pain with her gums but she does chew on everything and drewls alot.

i think the problem is that she wants to stay up during the day to see whats going on; its this that is preventing her from setteling. but i will try the tips you gave me and see how she goes.

thanx again.

I found during the day that if i darkened my son's bedroom he slept easier. I also found that if i saw he was tired, i'd lie down with him so he wouldn't think I was out having fun while he was missing out. I know it sounds silly but I'm sure that's what it is. I've had him crawling around with his eyes half shut cos he is that tired but refused to sleep. They are certainly cluey and certainly stuborn!

Good luck.
maybe ur little one is just a cat napper during the day which would explain the fantastic night sleeping. i have a 5 week old that likes a little up time before sleep, he loves the bouncer in front of the tv for a short time. then he's off to bed. it doesnt always work, but he enjoys it.

try wearing the little one out, maybe a walk around the block? they love fresh air. or some play time, giggles and songs usually do it too.

hopes some of this helps.

denni

sahm to 5 midgit circus freaks

hi cheryl,
I am toyally new at being a mum but I have been a childcare worker for a few years and my advise to you is to be consistent with whatever approach you use whether it be patting rocking etc and do exactly the same everyday.( and I know how hard it can be). Also i just purchased a great video from the Net "know its time to sleep" and it goes throw it all in detail
goodluck

sulee,nsw,babyb'day15/8/2003

thankyou all for your input
i think ur right i think i was trying too many things at once and she proribly was just getting confused and frustrated more than anything.

thanx again and keep up the good work...were would we be without other mums to talk to

Sign in to follow this topic