Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Help - Not Sleeping Rss

Hi All.

I have a little girl Jordyn who is 5 months next Friday. I have been in the routine of feed, play, sleep pattern during the day and has been working really well. She has been sleeping for 6 hours during the night and then wakes for a feed and goes back for another 4 hours. But (there is always a but!) for approximately just over a week now she has not been sleeping at all. She goes down at 6.30pm and wakes at 10.30pm then 12.00pm, 1.30am, 3.00am, 3.30am, 4.00am, 5.00am at which time I have had enough and get her up to start our day!! I have been feeding her rice cereal in the morning and I am supplementing breast with formula.

Also, she is getting harder by the day to settle to sleep. Yesterday it took 1/2 an hour for only a 20 minute sleep!!

Please if anyone has some advice, please please write back to me...mother who is sleep deprived!!!!

Hi Belinda,
At around 5-6 months of age, most babies go through a growth spurt. It is very common for them to have a mucked up sleep routine at this time. All I could suggest, is what I did with all 3 of mine. I increased the amount of solid food they had at night time, before bed. If your little one isn't already on a night time solid feed, maybe you could try giving her one and see if it helps. Just something like rice cereal to start with, then go to vegies. Good luck.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Thank you Tracey, at this stage I will give anything a go!!
Hi Bilinda, well I know what you are going trough.Breanna is 7 month and since she was about 5 months she does not sleep during the day she sleep about 20 min and at night it takes me about 1 hour to get her to sleep.It is a pain I was told about a vidieo called sleep now by a lady who was having the same problem you can get it on the net for about $30.OO I am also about to go and stay at the riverton centre for a weekit is run by the hospatail they teach you a baby how to get into a good sleeping pattern.I will let you know how we go. kind regards Leanne &Breanna

Leanne & Baby Breanna, Redland Bay

Hello Belinda,
I TOTALLY relate to what you are going through, and my heart goes out to you. I know first hand how devastating sleep deprivation is. I really don't have any answers for you. ( i wish i did ) I just want you to know that you are not alone. I have three other sons to look after, and a baby who is awake almost every hour at night. He only catnaps during the day, once or twice if i'm lucky. One thing i can suggest though, try giving the solids feed closer to bedtime of an evening. I've noticed that does help a little with my little man. Controlled crying has helped people i know, but i can't stand to hear my baby upset, even for a few minutes. You could try that if you are strong enough. I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that there are many others in the same situation as you. I'm just taking each day as it comes, and being thankful that i have such a healthy , beautiful baby. I really hope things improve for you soon. Take care, and good luck !!

Cathryn , Vic , 4 sons, youngest born in June ' 03

Sign in to follow this topic