Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Pelvic Floor? Rss

Will my pelvic floor ever be the same again?
I try to do the exercises every day but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Is any one else in the same boat, or am I the only one?

Looking forward to your responses.

tired and feeling old

Hi Allison,
Pelvic floor exercises do help to an extent. How old is your baby?? It can take a few months, and in some people (usually those who have had a few babies) it doesn't go back to the "pre-pregnant" days. I have had 3 babies, and it took me quite a few months on the last baby for my pelvic floor muscles to go back to normal. Even now, if I sneeze suddenly, or cough badly, I can sometimes wet myself, and my baby is now almost 8 months old. Keep going with the exercises, it will get better.

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi , I know exactly what you are going through....my daughter is 14 weeks old now and i also have probs when coughing etc....it can be awful when out in public.......I was actually going to go and see my doc this week about it.....The only thing i can suggest which i was told, is keep perserving with the exercises......smile

Lisa SA mum to beautiful haley born 27/9/03

Yes Yes yes I know how you all feel!!

My daughter is 16 weeks and i've doing my exercises when ever i remember. I'm getting better but my partner finds it funny to tickle me untill i pee!!!

I was told by the baby clinic that the best time to do your exercises is just after you have emptied your bladder. Also to do them as often as poissible. I just have trouble remembering to do them

Good luck to us all
I have recently started Pilates. This really helps with your pelvic floor. Don't stop doing pelvic floor exercisers because they will help. Did you do the exercisers during pregnancy? If you do it would of helped during and after birth. I did mine everyday, my daughter was 8'11 lbs and i had NO tearing or stitches.......pretty good for my first one hey?!?!? Mind you i'm only 20.

Good Luck

Mum to Vanessa (April 03)

Hi all,
If you need reminding to do your pelvic floor exercises, whether you are pregnant or have had your baby, try, getting a coloured felt tip pen (non toxic of course), and put a coloured dot (about the size of a pea) on the back of your hand or finger, then everytime you see the dot, do your excercises!!! It is very important to do your exercises even after baby is older, as this will help prevent incontinence in later years of your life. Good luck and happy exercising.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hello everyone. I just thought I would add that women who had caesareans need to do pelvic floor as well. I didnt know this as I thought the problem was caused during the birth but its caused from carrying the baby when it sits on your bladder moving it which stretched the floor muscles. You can imagine my shock when I was visited the day after my caesarean by a physio who asked if I had started my pelvic floor exercised yet?? I was thinking I cant even walk yet and havent been out of bed so NO I have not been doing my pelvic floor exercises. Needless to say she had me doing them in right away.
Tracey thats a great idea about doing something to remind you, I guess its like everything you need to get into the habit.
Sign in to follow this topic