Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

looking for a chat Rss

Hi my names ngari and i've just logged on. Looking to chat to anyone. I have 3 children 4, 2 and 5 mths. I live out on a farm so there is a bit of a limit to conversation with other adults in the same position. My hubby and i went out the other night for dinner and a movie and usually i wouldn't leave the bubba but we needed a break and was told that she had screamed for an hour when i got back for which i felt really bad for. I had left her a bottle of expressed milk as i breastfeed. I just sought of think the time that i do let my guard down and do something for myself something always gos wrong and sort of makes me feel like i shouldn't. Has anyone else had any similar experiences.

Ngari 25, mother of 3

Hi Ngari, I understand the need for adult conversation. I have a 4 month old son and although I live in town I only have a car one day a week. It gets a bit lonely sometimes. Every Monday I go to a mum's group at the local health centre and that's my complete social life. Is there one in your area or are you a fair way out? I grew up in a smal rural town and the mums managed to organise a pretty good play group. Mum still swears it was more for them than us!
I know how you feel about leaving your baby. I have been away from my son for a total of 2 hours in his whole life and they were absolute hell. My mother gets quite insulted that I won't leave him with her but I just can't do it. I too breastfeed and I just freak out at the thought of him waking, being hungry and not having ME there. As a result he does not like me out of sight and I'm sure I've made a rod for my back but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!
Hope this has put a little comraderie in your day!
Hi Ngari,
My name is Tracey. I have 3 children too. Boy 10 years, girl 8 years, and boy almost 8 months. I live in town, but do not drive, so I spend a lot of time on the computer. I too breast feed, and I hate leaving my baby. My husband and I had his work christmas party last Sunday, and our kids stayed with their Nanna. It was the first time I had left my baby, and I felt "lost" all day. He was a very good boy and never cried once, which made me feel like he didn't need me, so I cried!!!! My other two older kids, hated me leaving them when they were little and they screamed until I came home. It at least makes you feel wanted!! If you want to chat, write to me at:
traceyl01@hotmail.com
I hope my story makes you feel better.

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi my name's Mikarla... I have 2 children 2 yrs & 8 months. I only ever breastfed for 3 months for each of mine but still feel helpless when I leave them for more then a couple of hrs, which is a real pain as my TAFE course Im doing from home requires me to go away to Armidale for weekends at a time. Steph the oldest was getting too clingy so I would go to town (20km away) once a week to take her to daycare & get me ready for my son and now the same is happening with him so they are both going next year. This will give me time out & a chance to get my study done & maybe interact with other adults as I havebecome pretty much a recluse except around my inlaws and a few others.

My email is dinduwen@hotmail.com if you want to chat

Mikarla 21, NSW, girl 2yrs, boy 9 months

Sign in to follow this topic