Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Getting back in shape with baby. Rss

I would like some advice on how I can get back into shape/exercise together with my baby.

Jade, QLD, Jazmyne 4 mths

Hi Jazts, I found walking was fantastic. Both my children would love to watch other people, the trees, cars going by and they didn't need toys to entertain themselves. I also enjoy going to the park and trees etc so I suppose we could do it together. Get that pram going while the weather is still ok.

Annie, 3yr son, 8mth girl

Some states offer mother / baby excercise classes where you can take baby with you. You would need to check with your local gym's.
Also a lot of hospitals have classes for their new mums where babies are welcome, this is also a great way to stay in touch with some of the other mothers you may have met in hospital.

Mel, mum of Joshua 8, Maddison 5, Hailey 5 mths

walking is the best but for toning the muscles I have found pilates is working. I do it at home while my daughter is asleep and it gets muscles you never thought existed! I had to wait quite a while before I could do anything like this because my tummy muscles split a wee bit and my back tensed up after breastfeeding and carrying my daughter so much but it is working now.

M

I have got together with some mothers from our playgroup and we go swimming together leave the babies in the prams lined up at one end.

Then the babies get to go for a swim as well when we have finished.

Great exercies for both and babies sleep well after a swim. I have been taking my baby swimming since 2 weeks old, she loves it....

Lee,QLD,18/12/02 baby girl 26/09/05 baby boy

This may sound really strange but I exercise whenever I can and the best place I have found to exercise so far is when I'm in the shower, I can get a 10 minute workout while I wash myself and my hair and it also helps you dry quicker. I only get to do this though when my husband is at home to look after my two otherwise when my baby boy (3 mths) wakes up at around 6ish I put him back to sleep and work out on my Areofit machine and do other exercises aswell and I also stretch my leg mussles just before I fall asleep if I'm not to tired. Playing outside with my two y.o daughter also helps loose those extra pounds and walks we take and pushing a double pram up and down hills really helps, I guess I exercise whenever and how ever I can and some days when I'm just too tired to care how I look I have a rest day!
hi just thought id let you know ive come across some great products that you can use even if you breast feeding Im feeding my 1 month old and i am using the products ive lost 4kg in 3weeks and 9cm off my hips give me a buzz if you want more info kimmenz@centralonline.com.au bye
Hi my name is Johanne I went for walks day all afternoonto.

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

thats good that you do that I hope it works for me...

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

I also found walking with baby in the pram is fantastic for getting into shape... would love some ideas on how to get rid of the "baby belly bit" that is left behind now.. any suggestions? Thanks

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

Don't really know the answer to that one but some older mothers were telling me that the low cut pants around today are the way to go!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

lol.... well they are certainly more comfortable......

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

Sign in to follow this topic