Huggies Forum

Post-pregnancy problem Lock Rss

I had my first child 15 months ago. I was induced 2 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia, anemia & extremely high blood pressure. As you can guess, my pregnancy was hard going. My labour was too quick & I didn't dilate enough before the baby was born. I received 10 stitches, mainly inside.

Since the birth of my child I have had problems having sexual intercourse. Whenever my husband tries to insert his penis he can't seem to insert more than just the tip before I'm in extreme pain. I try to relax & he tries & tries again but it hurts so much that we give up in the end.

Is this normal? What can I do?

Tray, Qld, 2 boys 2003 & 2007

Personally, I would see my ob or gyno. May be your family doctor can check u out even though u had your baby 15 months ago. I can only imagine how upset & worried u must be. I had 1st degree graze & had 3 stitches inside. My husband noticed that I feel tighter but it doesn't cause me pain.

Sarah, Mikayla's mum. Sydney

Hi there,

How are you going???

I don't think 15 months on (or more now) it is normal to be still feeling pain like that.

Have you gone and seen a doctor yet??? Because you were so extensivly damaged it may have been difficult for the doctor to stich you or (I'd hate to say it) maybe he just did a bad job.

In any case I'm sure the solution is there and if you see a good gyno they should be able to help you. I'm sure this had happend to other people and they have been healed too.

let me know.......

Catherine,VIC,mother of 2

hey tray! how are you going? did you follow up with your gyno? i just read this post and i wondered if everything was back to normal. hope its all going fine!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Sign in to follow this topic